Have you ever faced the problem of hearing no sound while using your FireStick 4K? This is a frustrating issue that can ruin your viewing experience. But don’t worry, you can solve this problem yourself by following a few simple steps.
Amazon Firestick allows us to watch a wide variety of content including movies, shows, and videos with both audio and video. However, sometimes the “amazon firestick no sound error” pops up which is also with your 4k. This is a very common problem that can be fixed by taking some initial steps.
Here are the simple steps to resolve firestick no sound problems:
- Check the Volume of the Firestick device
- Check the Sound Settings
- Check the TV Audio Settings
- Update Firestick Software
- Check External Devices
- Check Cables and Adapters
- Check HDMI Connection
- Restart the Firestick
- Reset Firestick to Factory Settings
What Is Amazon Firestick No Sound
FireStick no sound issue occurs when you cannot hear any audio coming from your Amazon FireStick device. This problem can be caused by various things such as incorrect audio settings, damaged cable,s or outdated software. However, you can easily fix this problem with a few simple steps.
- It is important to note that even if your FireStick is having trouble turning on, you may also be experiencing sound issues because the device is not working properly.
- Let’s make sure that the TV is not muted. You can adjust the volume by pressing the Volume Up button on the Fire TV remote.
What Are The Reasons For Firestick Sound Not Working?
Below is the table for major causes for the no volume on the firestick issue.
|Reasons for No Sound on Firestick||Possible Causes|
|Loose HDMI connection||A loose HDMI connection between the Firestick and TV can cause sound issues.|
|Audio Settings||Incorrect audio settings on the Firestick can result in no sound.|
|Incompatible Apps||Some apps on the Firestick may not be compatible, resulting in sound issues.|
|Audio/Video Sync||Audio and video synchronization issues can cause sound problems.|
|Faulty Audio Cables||Faulty audio cables can cause sound issues.|
|Outdated System||An outdated system can cause sound issues on the Firestick.|
How to Fix No Sound On Firestick Issue
Here are some of the troubleshooting steps you can try to deal with the Amazon Fire Stick sound not working problem:
Check the Volume of the Firestick Device
The first thing you need to check is the volume control of your FireStick device. It may have been muted due to haste or neglect.
So make sure the volume is on your FireStick and it is not muted.
For this, you can adjust the volume using the remote control that came with your FireStick.
You can easily fix the sound on the firestick light by checking the audio settings.
Here are the steps:
- Open the “Settings” menu on your Firestick.
- Select “Sound and Display” from the menu.
- Now, you can adjust the sound output settings
- Ensure sound is set correctly for your device
Check the TV Audio Settings
If your FireStick is not playing any sound, the first thing you should check is the sound settings.
- To do this, go to the “Settings” menu, select “Sound & Display,” and then click on “Audio.”
- From there, you can adjust different sound settings and turn on the “Dolby Digital Plus Automatic” option.
- This could help fix the no-sound issue on your FireStick.
Check Connected External Devices
To use your FireStick, you need to connect it to other devices like a soundbar or home theater system. If you’re having trouble with the audio, check if these devices are working properly. If they’re not, try unplugging them and testing the FireStick’s audio on its own.
Provide a Proper Power Supply
Many FireStick users make the mistake of plugging the USB power cord directly into their TV. However, they don’t realize that their TV may not provide enough power to support the FireStick.
As a result, they may experience recurring issues with the video and audio connections, leading to the “FireStick sound not working” problem. This happens because the connection isn’t established correctly.
You have to connect your power supply port directly with a fire stick otherwise Amazon Fire Stick Not Recognized By TV.
Restart Your Firestick For No Sound issue
It’s quite common for the sound to stop working on your FireStick, often due to temporary connectivity issues. This may cause your screen to freeze, and you may think the sound is not working properly.
To resolve this problem, try restarting your FireStick. Restarting can fix the issue in just a few minutes.
Restart your Firestick by going to the “Settings” menu and selecting “Device” followed by “Restart.”
Is TV audio muted
Sometimes, users may forget that their TV audio is muted, which can cause confusion when trying to play something on their FireStick.
To fix this, check the audio settings on your TV by using the remote control to increase the volume. Once you hear audio coming from the system, your problem will be solved. It’s an easy mistake to make, but fortunately, it’s also an easy fix.
Test All HDMI Connection
Sound problems with your FireStick can occur when the HDMI connection is not established correctly or the HDMI extension is not properly connected to your system. Fortunately, this is an easy fix. You can follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- You have to unplug the HD connection
- A few seconds after unplugging your system device, it has to connect properly with a connector that attaches to your tv.
- Now you can restart your device
- After restarting your fire stick starts to respond properly
- You should always keep in mind that whatever HDMI inputs you have selected, the inputs in HDMI should be connected with the firestick.
- If it does not then you get a sound not working on firestick error.
Verify Extended Sound System
Whenever you attach your standard sound system to your fire tv, then due to not getting the proper configuration settings, your firestick sound starts to the problem.
- To properly connect your FireStick to your TV, also connect your HD sound receiver to ensure that the output signal is correctly sent to the TV.
- Make sure that the input and output settings on your devices match those of your TV, or you may experience sound problems.
- If you’re using a different sound cable, connect it directly to your FireStick and TV.
- When connecting the sound cable, plug it into the correct color port. For example, connect a blue cable to the blue port, and a red cable to the red port.
Check AV Receiver
Sometimes we may forget that the volume on our TV is turned all the way down, making us think there is no sound coming from our Fire TV.
To fix this, we need to turn up the volume, otherwise, we may encounter an error message saying that the Fire TV volume is not working.
Try Perfect Input
Firestick devices and TVs have multiple HDMI ports, which can be confusing. To solve this problem, you can refer to the manual guide that came with your device and follow the step-by-step process.
Once you have completed the process, you can establish the correct connection and your Fire Stick will start working properly.
Verify Cable Connections
All the cable connections should function properly; if they do not work properly then you have to take some care because only the connections play very important roles.
- Check the HDMI connection and external audio cables.
- Use a new HDMI connection cable if the older one is quite old.
- Overturn the connector ends and see if that works.
Upgrade Software System
Amazon keeps bringing various types of updates from time to time due to which our initial settings start to get messed up and the sound not working on Firestick 4k problem starts.
To overcome this problem, you always have to keep your device up to date.
- Access the FireTV home screen and then select “Settings”.
- Then select “System” and then select “About”.
- Then select “Software version” and lastly press “Check for System Update”.
- Wait for the update to download and install, then restart your Firestick.
Close Firestick App and Restart It
There are some applications that take too much time to load and your fire stick also loads late accordingly.
The easiest way to do this is to restart if you do not know how to restart it then how some steps are
- Click on the Home screen.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Select the Application option.
- Choose the option to manage the store application.
- Select the “Force Close” option.
- Once this is done, re-launch your application and the problem should be resolved.
Disconnect Echo Dot
If your Amazon Echo is not producing any sound with firestick, it may be faulty or not connected properly to your firestick.
To solve this problem, you should refer to the FireStick support guide and make sure that your Echo is properly set up with your FireStick.
Firestick audio not working problem goes away through the given solutions.
Whatever the solution is, it is much easier than you can set it according to your own. If you still see no sound on the firestick problem then you can talk to the technical team by getting a support number from Amazon’s official website
Which will be able to tell you in a better way how to solve this problem, it always turns on for convenience.
Go to “Settings” and go to the “Display and sounds” option. After this, you will see that this problem has gone away.
It’s possible that your Internet connection is too slow and that your Fire stick isn’t receiving enough power.