Is your Firestick is dead silent or any mechanical buzzing sound is coming out of it? Amazon firestick no sound is a common issue that you may face anytime. You can fix the issue all by yourself with some knowledge on the workability of the device. Here, several troubleshooting steps are discussed in detail for your convenience and fix the issue in the first instance to keep this amazing device working.
What Is Amazon Firestick No Sound?
To troubleshoot your device’s problem, it is always feasible to understand how the device works and which parts get disturbed most often and why? Amazon Firestick is a versatile device, it is a multifunctional device. Till now three models are available in the market:
- Fire TV Stick for 1080p Video
- TV Box for 4K, HDR, and Ultra HD Video playback
- Fire TV or Echo Device with connected voice assistance
The Fire TV is programmed to integrate with the Amazon streaming system making playing videos or music or using any related applications smooth sailing. An HDMI is connected to the Television receiver and also with a Firestick for the expected functionality. Your TV set needs to be configured with these devices. In case, you don’t understand how to connect the devices or connect them with one another, you can contact Amazon Firestick support or your vendor.
How Do I Fix No Sound On Firestick Issue?
You can solve the Amazon firestick no sound or firestick volume not working issue yourself with a little bit of knowledge and effort. If you are still facing no sound issues, then decide to turn off Dolby Digital plus on Amazon Fire TV Stick by continuing to Settings > Display & Sounds > Audio > Dolby Digital Output furthermore later turn Dolby Digital Plus OFF.Following are call probable problems and their solutions:
Step #1: Firestick Power Supply Plugging Problem
Many Firestick users plug the USB power cord into the TV. A TV set cannot provide enough power through a USB port to keep the video and audio of Firestick running. If you are doing so, the sound problem may be due to this wrongful connection. Plug the power supply cord of Firestick directly into the electrical outlet.
Step #2: Restart The Firestick
If there is a problem in getting sound, you can restart the Firestick to see there was any temporary connectivity problem or files uploading problem. This is just like you fixing laptop or smartphone freezing problems. In most of the cases, these solve the amazon fire tv no sound issue.
Step #3: Ensure that TV audio is not muted
Many times, users unknowingly mute TV audio and couldn’t get any sound. Check your TV set and ensure that the audio system there is not muted. Take the remote control of the TV and press the “Mute” button. If the TV screen shows that the audio is “Unmuted”, your problem is solved.
Step #4: Ensure The Audio Receiver is powered on
If you are using an “AV receiver” to get Firstick’s audio through an external audio system like home theatre, ensure that the AV receiver is getting the power and the appropriate switches are on.
Step #5: Ensure The Dolby Digital Output on Firestick is Turned Off
The no sound on firestick problem may be due to incompatible Dolby Digital external sound system. To sort out this problem follow the steps given below:
- With the help of Firestick remote go to the Firestick home screen and then select the “Settings” option.
- Then select “Display & Sounds” option.
- Then select “Dolby Digital Output” and ensure that it is turned off.
If your surrounding sound system does not support Dolby Digital Plus technology, Dolby audio does not work properly and Firestick produces no sound.
Step #6: Check The HDMI Connection to Your Firestick
The no sound condition of Firestick may be due to inappropriate HDMI connection. If the HDMI extension cord is loosely attached to the system, you never get any sound. Fix this issue in the following way:
- Unplug the HDMI connection from the system.
- Re-attach the HDMI connector properly.
- Switch on the Firestick power.
Step #7: Check Your Extended Sound System And Ensure Everything is Hooked up Accurately
If there is an audio or video receiver to access louder Firestick audio while facing issues firestick has no sound, then ensure that the system devices are rightly hooked up. There are two ways in which you can hook up your external audio/video receiver:
- When the TV is used as an output medium – In this setup, the Firestick is attached to the HDMI port of the external sound receiver. This external sound receiver uses the HDMI signal as output to the TV. You have to ensure that the external sound receiver possesses an HDMI port; otherwise, the system never works and you don’t get any sound.
- When Firestick plugged into the TV set and another cable going from the TV set to AV receiver – Here, your Firestick is directly linked to the TV set and another audio cable going from the TV set to AV receiver. Three types of cables used, these are options: RAC cable that is a quite traditional one with red and white ends as you could see or new-age optical cable for audio signals, or 3.5 mm audio cable.
Take the remote control of your TV set and locates the “settings” then ensure the audio output option is turned on”. Different TV sets abbreviate it in different names like “External Audio”. You have to understand the term to make it work.
Step #8: Ensure That The HDMI Port is Audio Compatible
This problem is another common Amazon firestick no sound issue but often remains unnoticed. If the HDMI port you are using does not support audio, you never get any sound. Ensure that the HDMI port with which the Firestick is attached does not say “PC”, “DVI”, or “Monitor”.
Step #9: Make Sure That The Volume on Your TV or AV Receiver is Good
If mistakenly the volume of your TV set is turned at the lowest level like 0, it might seem that the fire stick volume control not working. A similar thing happens if the surround sound or external sound receiver’s audio level is kept at the lowest level. Fixing this issue is simple. Simply, take the TV remote or surround sound system’s remote and press sound up button.
Step #10: Try Another Firestick Input
If there is more than one HDMI port in the TV or external sound system and Amazon firestick no sound problem occurs, try another HDMI port. Sometimes, the older HDMI port may function erroneously or completely dead.
Amazon Firestick No Sound: Check Cable Connections
You must ensure that all the cable connections are functioning well. To ensure that cable connections are working appropriately follows the steps below:
- Check the HDMI connection and external audio cables.
- Use a new HDMI connection cable if the older one is quite old.
- Overturn the connector ends and see if that works.
Step #1: Check The Internal Speaker of Your TV Set
In most of the TV sets, a specific setting is found that turns the TV speaker ON or OFF. You can check this by opening the Audio section of the TV’s settings menu. From there, check whether the internal speaker is kept “ON” or “OFF”. If it is “OFF”, make it “ON”.
Step #2: Fire TV Software System Needs to be The Latest One
Amazon updates the software system from time to time to resolve previous common glitches and fix bugs. Make sure that your Firestick software is updated:
- Access FireTV home screen and then select “Settings”.
- Then select “System” and then select “About”.
- Then select “Software version” and lastly press “Check for System Update”.
Step #3: Close The Entire Firestick App And Then Restart It
Sometimes, the problem of Amazon firestick no sound occurs due to the app if it is not uploaded properly when you open the Firestick. The simple solution is close it completely and restart it. Do this in the following way:
- Select “Settings” from the home screen and then choose “applications”.
- Then look for the option managed installed applications and select the application you are using like “Netflix”.
- Then choose the option “Force Close” (you could have done this in your smartphone).
- Now “Launch” the application again and see if the problem is solved or not.
Step #4: Uninstall And Reinstall The Apps
In some cases, wrongful operations of the apps keep the system silent or surround sound not working with firestick. The only solution, in that case, is completely uninstalling the apps and then again reinstalling them.
- Go to the “Settings” option from the home screen and then select “Applications”.
- Then select “Manage installed applications”.
- Then select the app that you sense not working such as “Hulu”.
- Uninstall the app completely, you could see the option.
- Reinstall the same app (or higher version, if available) with the help of the “Search” function as visible on the Firestick home screen for firestick sound not working.
Step #5: Replace The Current Cable With an Optical Audio Cable if You are Using an External Sound System
If you are using a surround or external sound system like home theatre and there is an optical audio port attached with the system, then try an optical audio cable to connect your TV set with the external sound receiver. Do this in the following way:
- Buy an optical audio cable if you don’t have one.
- Connect it to the back end of your TV and the other end with the sound system.
Switch the TV connection or external audio system with Firestick to another input option. Most modern-day TV sets have a few different “inputs” such as HDMI, PC, and DVD.
Step #6: If You Are Using Adapters or Splitters Ensure That All Ports Are HDCP 2.2 Compliant
Many Firestick users use adapters or splitters. Use of HDMI splitter is quite popular among Firestick users. If you are one of them, ensure that all connections and ports are HDCP 2.2 compliant. Even if a single connection or port is not HDCP compliant, you will not get Firestick audio.
Step #7: Resolution Maybe The Issue
Sufficient power is required to transfer 1080P resolution video signal along with the audio signal. You can solve the problem by changing the resolution from 1080P to 720P. For this, select the relevant options from either Firestick remote or the TV remote. In some systems, users need to change the resolution using both the remotes.
Step #8: If Using Echo Dot Then Disconnect It
In many instances, Echo Dot has been found to be the actual issue behind fire stick sound cutting out the problem. If you are using an Echo Dot set and Firestick is silent, disconnect the Echo Dot and restart the system. To disconnect it just say “Alexa, disconnect from Fire TV”.
Step #9: Prevent Overheating of Firestick
If 4k fire stick no sound then overheating may be an issue in your case. You can use HDMI extender cable to prevent the system from overheating. Many old model TV sets generate lots of heat that comes out of the vent ports on the back of the TV heating up the Firestick. In that case, use the extension cable to keep the device away and prevent it from overheating.
How do i fix no sound on fire tv cube?
When facing no sound on fire stick then open Settings > Click on display & sounds > Click on Audio > Confirm dolby digital Plus output off.
How do I fix the sound on my fire stick?
You need to check your internet connection because when connection is poor then create some error for fire stick no sound.
How to fix fire stick 4k no sound?
If firestick 4k no sound issues comes then check for dolby digital output and re attach your hdmi to device also.
How to resolve fire stick no audio issues?
You should select sound adjustments by advanced setting and resolve your amazon fire stick 4k no sound issues
How do I fix firestick audio not working?
You should turn off Dolby Digital Plus by following go to Settings > Display & Sounds > Audio > Dolby Digital Output>Turn OFF. and you firestick audio again working.
If all these efforts from your part don’t work for firestick sound stopped working, call Firestick customer support phone number for an expert to fix the real issue.