As we all know how easy a fast internet connection makes our daily tasks. Keeping this feature in mind, Cox launched its WiFi router but over time, these devices are unable to take proper care of them and find different types of problems in front of them. One of these is the problem of the cox modem blinking orange light.
This type of orange light signifies that you have a bad internet connection right now. In technical words, this problem is most commonly noticed when the cox wifi device does not have sufficient internet access. To do so, we must examine various types of steps.
By the way, when you have a good internet connection, you’ll see a green light. If, however, cox green light continues to blink, you will have an internet connectivity issue. Similarly with upstream if there is any serious problem and connection is not able to be established in such condition cox modem blinking orange is displayed in front of you.
Why Is My Cox Router Blinking Orange
Let us tell you what can be the reason for appearing the problem of cox router blinking orange.
- Orange light blinking in cox router indicates that your downstream signal has been blocked. After which it needs to provide adequate connectivity. If this downstream signal remains limited, then this problem will remain in front of you.
- Increasing the WiFi signals frequency is very important. A better internet plan can be taken for this, but due to some reason this signal strength does not reach your device, then you get to see this problem.
- Our cox router’s connectivity suffers when we connect too many devices to it. The frequency of occurrence is then separated into numerous components. In such a situation, the problem of blinking orange light is quite common.
- Why we’ve been utilizing an outdated Cox model for a long time, which is incompatible with new technology and causes the problem you’re seeing now. The reason for this is that, due to its age, this suitable connectivity no longer reflects adequate signal strength or right configuration.
How to Fix Cox Panoramic Wifi Blinking Orange
Now we’ll show you some of these options, which will fix the cox router blinking orange issue. After that, you’ll have the ideal level of connectivity. You can execute a variety of streaming tasks with the help of this connection.
Try Firmware Update
In case your coax firmware fails, it goes into recovery mode due to which it displays a blinking orange light in front of you. We can easily fix this problem by updating the firmware. To do this you have to follow the steps given below:
- You have to connect your router to the computer which establishes the communication via Ethernet cable
- After that visit the official website of Cox Router to get the firmware update
- From here you login to the management page for which user id and password will be required
- Now download the latest router software from here
- After which your router reboots after sometime
- After this process eliminates all your internet related problems.
Attempt a Normal Reset
This problem can be easily resolved by resetting the router, for which you have to follow the steps given below:
- You’ll need to find the reset button on your cox modem that’s on the friend or back side.
- Press and hold the button for 10 to 15 seconds while the router is on
- Now release that button and the router starts completing its reporting process.
- Here you have to wait 30 seconds
- From here you have to do some verification for which login with your default IDP with your username and password
- Now let’s see that your problem is gone
For some reason this step doesn’t work for you then you can move on to the next step which always works.
Apply 30/30/30 Reset Method
- First you have to disconnect everything connected to the router but leave it connected to power
- Now on the back of your router there will be a reset button, press and hold it for 30 seconds
- Here you unblock the power from the cox modem and again press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- After which the power has to be plugged into the router again.
- Here again press and hold the reset button for the last 30 seconds
- Wait for some time as you release the reset button
- The router’s software will try to reload itself and once the default IP is detected, a login screen will be displayed in front of you
- Where you enter your information and find that the cox panoramic modem blinking orange light problem is gone
Wired Cable Configuration Is Being Re-Established
When the cox gateway blinking orange is displayed in front of you, then in such a situation, restoring the wired cable setup is also considered the best way. For a wire connection setup, you have to use the manual guide provided where you can go through the steps.
As soon as this set starts performing in front of you, then it troubleshoots various types of internet problems.
Place the Cox Router In A New Location
Try to keep your router in a place where it is always exposed to the air. If the Cox router is exposed to direct sunlight, it may overheat, after which it may malfunction.
Always try to keep the location of your router in a cool place.
Whenever you do not use this router, and then make sure to turn it off for at least 15 minutes. By doing this, various types of flaws are avoided in it. Your modem will start to overheat, then in such a state, the internet connectivity is not achieved properly, resulting in the problem of cox panoramic wifi blinking orange light.
Examine the Various Arrangements
You configure your Internet to run your Internet, and only then does it give services to you. Otherwise, it will not begin to function. The Internet connection protocol must be employed to do this.
It’s important to remember that if you’ve recently made any changes to your WAN settings, you might have problems accessing the Internet. In such a situation, you can reset these settings by talking to your Internet service provider.
Contact Your Internet Service Provider, Cox
These issues can be readily resolved by an Internet service provider. As a result, anytime you contact your Cox ISP, they will ask you a series of questions that are critical in determining the root of the problem. As a result, you must respond to all of those inquiries with ease, and only then will your situation be resolved.
Fix Your Ip Address That Isn’t Working
Due to an error in IP, the cox router will definitely cause you the problem of blinking orange light. In this case, you can solve this problem by running a troubleshooting scan, for which you can follow the steps given below:
- login to account
- from where the network icon key and you move
- The troubleshooting network option is given under the network icon.
- Click on Troubleshooting Network option and wait for at least 5 to 10 seconds
- Your modem starts scanning, after that when problems are found, it puts them on troubleshooting and fixes them automatically in some time.
- If it is too complicated to understand then you can take the help of customer service
Here you have got different types of information in the right way, after which this type of blinking problem is not seen. Still, you are still suffering from this problem, in such a condition; you can go to Cox Support and get information about it.
For more help, you can also tweet by visiting Cox’s Twitter handle from where the technical team tries to contact you as soon as possible.