You have been using Amazon Luna on Amazon Fire Stick for a long time. But to free up storage space or if you no longer want to use the Amazon Luna service, you can delete the Amazon Luna app from your Fire Stick. This guide from firesticksolutions will provide clear, step-by-step instructions on how to remove Amazon Luna from your Fire Stick in a few steps.
Prerequisites to note
Before deleting the Amazon Luna app, make sure you have the following:
- You must have a Fire Stick remote to navigate through the menus.
- If you want to manage your Amazon Luna apps online, access the Amazon website.
- If asked to confirm a change, you must also have your Amazon Fire Stick password or Amazon Luna password.
Delete Amazon Luna via Fire Stick interface
The fastest way to remove Amazon Luna is directly through the Fire Stick interface. Let us know how:
- From your Home screen, scroll down to the “Your Apps & Channels” section.
- Locate the Amazon Luna app icon.
- Press and hold the Select button on your remote for a few seconds – this will open an options menu.
- Select “Remove from Favorites” to remove Amazon Luna from the Home page ribbon.
- Alternatively, select “Uninstall” to completely remove Amazon Luna from Fire Stick.
You may then be asked to confirm via an on-screen prompt. Select Delete or Uninstall Amazon Luna on this pop-up window as well. After a few seconds, Amazon Luna will be removed from your Fire Stick.
Note: Keep in mind that uninstalling also removes any downloaded Amazon Luna content.
Delete Amazon Luna via Amazon website
You can also use Amazon’s website to manage Amazon Luna apps on your Fire Stick:
- On your computer, log in to Amazon and go to “Manage your content and devices.”
- Select your Fire Stick device.
- Go to “Apps” in the left sidebar menu.
- Locate Amazon Luna and select “Cancel subscription” so you no longer have access.
- Return to “Your Apps & Channels” and find Amazon Luna again.
- Select “Deregister” to remove Amazon Luna completely.
Amazon will then automatically sync and deregister Amazon Luna on any devices signed in to your account.
Delete Amazon Luna Via ADB Tool
- Enable ADB debugging on your Firestick.
- Connect your Firestick to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open a command prompt on your computer.
- Enter the following command:adb uninstall <package_name>
- Press Enter
Why You need to remove Amazon Luna on firestick device
To Cancel Unused Amazon Luna Subscription
If you no longer watch Amazon Luna regularly. So deleting the app will cancel your active subscription. After this you will not be charged recurring monthly or annual fees.
To free up storage space
The Amazon Luna app and downloaded videos take up a significant amount of storage space on your FireStick. If you’re low on capacity, uninstalling Amazon Luna will help free up space for new apps and content immediately.
To improve firestick performance
In some cases, having Amazon Luna or other apps on can cause general slowness when navigating your Firestick’s interface and menus. Deleting large apps like Amazon Luna that you can no longer access helps speed up performance.
Declutter your home screen
Removing Amazon Luna helps clean up your FireStick’s homepage by getting rid of shortcuts to apps you no longer use. This menu declutters the system and makes access to active apps easier.
So you can easily delete Amazon Luna on firestick. If you have any issues then immediately connect to the Fire Stick or Amazon Luna customer care number.
Other Important Links
|Delete Allcast On Firestick
|Delete Abc On Firestick
|Delete Avast Mobile Security On Firestick