You have been using Media Lounge on Amazon Fire Stick for a long time. But to free up storage space or if you no longer want to use the Media Lounge service, you can delete the Media Lounge app from your Fire Stick. This guide from firesticksolutions will provide clear, step-by-step instructions on how to remove Media Lounge from your Fire Stick in a few steps.
Prerequisites to note
Before deleting the Media Lounge app, make sure you have the following:
- You must have a Fire Stick remote to navigate through the menus.
- If you want to manage your Media Lounge apps online, access the Amazon website.
- If asked to confirm a change, you must also have your Amazon Fire Stick password or Media Lounge password.
Delete Media Lounge via Fire Stick interface
The fastest way to remove Media Lounge is directly through the Fire Stick interface. Let us know how:
- From your Home screen, scroll down to the “Your Apps & Channels” section.
- Locate the Media Lounge app icon.
- Press and hold the Select button on your remote for a few seconds – this will open an options menu.
- Select “Remove from Favorites” to remove Media Lounge from the Home page ribbon.
- Alternatively, select “Uninstall” to completely remove Media Lounge from Fire Stick.
You may then be asked to confirm via an on-screen prompt. Select Delete or Uninstall Media Lounge on this pop-up window as well. After a few seconds, Media Lounge will be removed from your Fire Stick.
Note: Keep in mind that uninstalling also removes any downloaded Media Lounge content.
Delete Media Lounge via Amazon website
You can also use Amazon’s website to manage Media Lounge apps on your Fire Stick:
- On your computer, log in to Amazon and go to “Manage your content and devices.”
- Select your Fire Stick device.
- Go to “Apps” in the left sidebar menu.
- Locate Media Lounge and select “Cancel subscription” so you no longer have access.
- Return to “Your Apps & Channels” and find Media Lounge again.
- Select “Deregister” to remove Media Lounge completely.
Amazon will then automatically sync and deregister Media Lounge on any devices signed in to your account.
Delete Media Lounge Via ADB Tool
- Enable ADB debugging on your Firestick.
- Connect your Firestick to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open a command prompt on your computer.
- Enter the following command:adb uninstall <package_name>
- Press Enter
Why You need to remove Media Lounge on firestick device
To Cancel Unused Media Lounge Subscription
If you no longer watch Media Lounge regularly. So deleting the app will cancel your active subscription. After this you will not be charged recurring monthly or annual fees.
To free up storage space
The Media Lounge app and downloaded videos take up a significant amount of storage space on your FireStick. If you’re low on capacity, uninstalling Media Lounge will help free up space for new apps and content immediately.
To improve firestick performance
In some cases, having Media Lounge or other apps on can cause general slowness when navigating your Firestick’s interface and menus. Deleting large apps like Media Lounge that you can no longer access helps speed up performance.
Declutter your home screen
Removing Media Lounge helps clean up your FireStick’s homepage by getting rid of shortcuts to apps you no longer use. This menu declutters the system and makes access to active apps easier.
So you can easily delete Media Lounge on firestick. If you have any issues then immediately connect to the Fire Stick or Media Lounge customer care number.