I was enjoying different types of web series on Amazon Fire Stick during my vacations. After using this device for a long time, some faults started coming in front of me, due to which the problem of Amazon firestick won’t turn on the tv was seen.
After which whenever I used to turn on my firestick, then it would not even turn on. I was not even getting any warning about this on the screen. Then I tried some methods to overcome this, with the help of which this problem was easily removed.
Why Won’t My Firestick Turn on With the TV?
First of all, you have to know why amazon firestick won’t turn on tv.
Your firestick is not turning on and instead of media some other screen is visible and it is also not loading properly. In such a situation, this problem often arises due to outdated software, internet-related problem, or insufficient power supply.
Let us know about some reasons, after which it will be very easy to remove this problem:
- The Amazon Fire Stick device runs on the Internet, which takes connectivity from the router. If there will be any problem with the router like it is damaged or not working properly. As a result of this, you will face a firestick not turning on a problem.
- The Amazon Fire Stick device is equipped with a physical connection, with the help of which it works properly. If the physical connection is bad from somewhere, then this type of problem can be seen.
- If you are facing slow internet speed then your FireStick device will not be able to connect properly and will not turn on. In this case, you will have to talk to your internet service provider and get a high-speed plan.
- Amazon Fire Stick requires a power source to operate. If this power source is not properly available to this device, then this type of problem is seen.
- Sometimes we don’t update our Amazon Fire Stick device. Because of this firestick keeps on bringing you different types of software-related errors.
- We tend to use a poor-quality power adapter to save some money. But you only need a good-quality adapter to run your firestick device. If this does not happen, then the fire stick works for some time, but due to continuous use, its quality decreases and it brings various problems in front you.
- If suddenly the firestick won’t turn on with the remote, then you do not have to worry at all. Due to having more users, the load on their server increases. Due to the increased load on the server, their services are down for some time.
How to Fix It When a Fire Stick Not Turning On
First of all, we are telling you the smart solution, with the help of which this problem will be solved in minutes:
If your FireStick won’t turn on, unplug the power cord from the outlet, wait 10 seconds, and then plug it back in. Otherwise, click on Settings, choose the Device option, Restart from the Fire TV menu and wait for it. After this, the device starts working.
Now we are also putting other measures in front of you to remove this problem as soon as possible, which is very important for you to know.
Check all of your connections again
In order for the Amazon Fire Stick to run smoothly, it is necessary to double-check the different types of connections. Rechecking the connection also ensures that your device will now work properly.
If for any reason there is any interruption in these connections then you can check it step by step. If the connection is broken somewhere, you can replace it with a new connection.
Restart Your Fire TV Stick
The problem of the firestick not turning on can be easily resolved by restarting the device. For this, you will not even have to check whether everything is installed correctly or not.
Any kind of disturbance can hinder the restart process. To reduce this danger, you should check everything step by step. After getting the confirmation, put your Fire TV into the restart process. After which your device will be able to start smoothly after establishing the connection and you will be able to enjoy its services.
- To restart your Fire TV Stick and re-establish the connection, unplug the power cord from the back side of the device. Also, unplug it from the power outlet.
- Then reconnect the power cord and plug in the outlet.
- Now check if your issue is resolved.
Hard Reboot Fire TV
The problem of the Firestick plugged in and not turning on is not able to be resolved by the above-mentioned methods.
Then our only suggestion is to hard reboot your Fire TV, after which different types of cache and temporary data that are stored in your device get deleted and this device starts working very well.
- First, make sure your TV is on.
- Next, unplug your TV outlet. Next, unplug the Firestick from your TV’s HDMI port.
- After doing so, press and hold the Power button on your TV for 30-40 seconds.
- Next, plug the Firestick into the HDMI port once more, and then plug your TV into the outlet.
- You can now turn on your TV and make sure you are switching to the correct HDMI input channel for the Firestick.
- Check to see if the problem persists.
Verify the All Connection
When you find that your amazon fire stick not turning on with your network, then you need a network usage tool to find out which connection you are having.
To get the tool you must go to “Settings” to select “Network” from the TV menu before pressing the Play or Pause button which is provided on your TV remote.
Now, this tool checks your firestick and tries to establish an ideal wireless connection, and tells you that there is no error on your system anymore.
Use the Correct Input
It is very important to have the right input installed between Amazon Fire Stick and your TV. Your firestick does not work in the presence of any kind of disturbance.
So you can check it. To give correct input, you can see the labels on the back of your TV where there is a proper indication of how to connect it.
Try your Firestick on a different television
You can try setting up the Firestick with another TV in your home. After which it is known whether the problem of Firestick not turning on is resolved or not.
If you do not have any other TV in your house you can check the compatibility of the firestick. In such a situation, you can take the help of your neighbors and friends.
You can also test your device on their TV. Once you get the indication that Firestick device is working on that TV but not on your TV then you can get your TV checked.
If there is a problem with the Firestick device itself and there is no problem with the TV, then this device can also be replaced.
Insert cables correctly
First, make sure the light indicator is white.
If the indicator lights up, you need to check that the power cable is correctly connected to the primary source. Your Fire Stick will not turn on most of the time because the cable is not inserted correctly.
This may indicate that the cable has come loose, or has been damaged. If this happens you should replace the cord.
Replace the power cables
To keep your firestick running smoothly if you are using it by plugging it directly into the outlet or power it with the help of a USB port. In both cases, a power cable is required to establish the connection.
If this power cable gets damaged then you can see the fire tv won’t turn on.
In such a case, you can use new power cables which can easily solve this problem within minutes.
Replace the power adapter
If the power adapter is bad then you can connect another power adapter to the fire stick and see if your firestick turns on then you need to replace the adapter
If the adapter was working properly then in this case you need to report your problem to customer support which they solve Fire TV not turning on issues.
Resolve any image-related issues
Your Fire Stick does not generate the image properly, and then it is possible that the connection you are getting is not proper. You will need to unplug all your cables and reinstall them after some time.
If the image doesn’t come through, then your HDMI cable may be bad, you can replace the HDMI cable and start over again otherwise your Amazon Fire Stick is frozen.
Replace any outdated sockets
You also need to get HDMI verification. To complete this process, the old USB port needs to be replaced and a new socket is needed. It also saves you from the problem of FireStick overheating and you see that your device starts working again.
If all the above solutions are not working for you, then you may need a new Fire Stick or you can replace your old FireStick.
Restart your modem/router
As we mentioned, this problem also gets aggravated due to a bad router after which Fire Stick does not work properly.
For this, you can reset the power to your modem or router, which is as follows.
- Unplug all power cables from your mod.
- After that, wait for 60 seconds.
- Now it’s time to reconnect the power cables.
- By doing this, your router gets the internet connection and after all kinds of testing, the problem related to the router is resolved.
Contact Fire Stick Customer Service
If your attempts to fix the Fire Stick have failed, then the problem is most likely due to a lack of knowledge on how to fix the fire tv not turning on the problem.
You can then take the help of an expert with extensive technical knowledge. They will guide you through the process of turning on your Fire Stick.
In this way, with the help of the above solution, you can easily fix the firestick. If you are getting this problem again and again, then it is very important to get a solution for which the technical support team can get the whole device tested by talking. You need to also check for connection if the fire tv stick won’t turn on.
Please wait for the loading screen to appear, restart the amazon fire tv stick, Increase your Wi-Fi signal strength, and Make sure your HDMI connection is in good working order.
You need to plug a USB cable with a power adapter and plug the firestick into HDMI Port. Now press the play and pause buttons with the correct language and check for wifi connections.
It simply means that you cannot use this device properly. You can get the help of the technical team for this post, after which all your problems will be there.
After the update, you can try deleting the app from your device and reinstalling it. If you suspect a problem with your FireStick’s out-of-date software, checking for updates can help.
If your Samsung tv has multiple HDMI ports, try switching between them. Verify that the entire cable length is undamaged.
If your LG tv still won’t recognise your Fire TV Stick then After troubleshooting the power supply and any other peripherals, make sure the device is fully inserted into the TV’s HDMI port.
Check that the FireStick is plugged into a power outlet. If it isn’t, try plugging it back in and turning the firestick on again.
If the FireStick won’t turn on even when plugged in, try resetting the device by holding the “Home” button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, release the button and wait a few seconds. Try turning on the device again.
Still, the issue persists then you may need to contact amazon firestick customer care for further assistance.