You must know that Amazon Fire Stick is a popular streaming device. This device allows users to watch movies, TV shows, and other content on the TV.
One question always comes to mind but how long does the fire stick last?
Generally, the average life of this device can be 2-3 years or even more. but with the passage of time, the firestick life becomes less for which there are many factors that can affect the life of your fire stick. in which how often you use the device or how well you take care of the device.
What Is The Lifespan Of An Amazon Fire Stick?
Below are the things:
Factor Affect The Lifespan Of Your Fire Stick:
- How often you use it: As you may know, the more you use your Fire Stick, the more it wears out. Using the device every day will do just that. But with occasional use it can last for 4-5 years.
- How well you take care of it: To make this device last longer, you must keep it clean, not drop it, and not expose it to extreme temperatures.
- The software updates that are released: Fire Stick releases software updates from time to time. By which its performance improves and it fixes all the bugs. If you don’t install updates, your Fire Stick may become out of date and start to fail.
Signs That Your Fire Stick Is Going Bad
Below are the major sign for firestick going bad :
- Firestick no sound issues.
- The firestick picture not working.
- Firestick not connecting to the internet or wifi.
- Firestick remote not working.
- Firestick showing black screen on tv.
If you see any of these signs, it might be a good idea to replace your Fire Stick.
How To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Fire Stick:
We are telling you some ways that will increase the life of your Amazon Firestick:
Keep Your Fire Stick Updated
To extend the Fire Stick lifespan, it is important to update it regularly. If you do not apply this update, then its life will go on working. Follow the steps given below to update it:
- Firstly from the Fire Stick home screen, go to “Settings”.
- Come here and select “My Fire TV”.
- Now you have to choose “About”.
- Select “Check for Updates”.
Manage Your Storage Space
Your device’s storage space can get filled with unnecessary files, cache and apps over time, which then affects the performance of the device. In such a situation, the device which was supposed to run for a long time, works, then to avoid this, do the following measures:
- Uninstall Unnecessary Apps
- Clear App Cache
- Utilize External Storage
Optimize Network Connection
Sometimes the network connections do not work properly, in which case your device has to work a bit too much, then its working capacity becomes less.
Here are some steps you can take to optimize your network connection:
- Place Your Router Strategically
- Reduce Interference
- Use Ethernet Adapter
Properly Shut Down Your Fire Stick
Always in a hurry, we turn off the firestick device directly, due to which its lifetime is reduced. But note that regularly closing it properly can help extend its lifespan. For this follow these steps:
- From you Fire Stick home screen, go to “Settings”.
- Scroll right here and select “My Fire TV”.
- Now you have to select “Sleep” and then select “Sleep” again.
Keep Your Fire Stick Cool
Using the firestick device for a long time also starts heating up and has a harmful effect on the direct lifespan. So follow some steps which will keep it cool:
- Never store this device in tight spaces or areas with poor ventilation or in cabinets. Our suggestion is to place it in an open area with sufficient airflow.
- If you have it plugged directly into your TV’s HDMI port, using an HDMI extender can prevent it from overheating.