FireStick allows you to stream content from Discovery Plus directly to your TV. Do you also use a Firestick and want to stream Discovery Plus content on it? But you don’t know how to install Discovery Plus on Firestick? You will get all this information through firesticksolutions.
- Always Check compatibility.
- Use a strong internet connection.
- Update Fire Stick software.
- Clear storage space for errors.
- Sign in with the correct Discovery Plus ID.
- Restart your Fire Stick if having issues.
What Equipment Is Required To Use Discovery Plus On Firestick
Before you install the Discovery Plus app on FireStick and start streaming, you need to make sure you have the following equipment:
- A Fire TV Streaming Device – First let’s find out if the Discovery Plus app is compatible with FireStick and Fire TV devices of any generation. For this, check the Discovery Plus app’s website or description.
- An Amazon account – Your Firestick uses your Amazon login to install Discovery Plus from the Amazon Appstore. Therefore you should have this account.
- A stable internet connection – You need a reliable high-speed internet connection of at least 5 Mbps to download the Discovery Plus app.
How Do I Find And Install The Discovery Plus App On My Firestick
Watching content by installing the Discovery Plus app on your Firestick is a simple process that only takes a few steps:
- Go to the Firestick homepage and access the “Search” option. You can use your remote for this. It’s usually located at the top of the Firestick menu.
- After this the search box opens. So you have to use the on-screen keyboard to type “Discovery Plus”. As soon as you start typing, you see the Discovery Plus app as the top search result.
- Once you enter “Discovery Plus”, select the Discovery Plus app from the search results.
- Once you reach the Discovery Plus app page, scroll down until you see the “Download” button. Start downloading the Discovery Plus app on your Firestick.
- The Discovery Plus download process usually only takes a few seconds to a maximum of a minute.
- Select “Open” to launch the Discovery Plus app for the first time.
- The Discovery Plus app should load on your TV screen once you select Open. That’s it! Now you have the app ready to enjoy on your FireStick.
Download Discovery Plus on Your Fire Stick Using the Website
The Discovery Plus app is available directly on Amazon’s website.
Here’s how to easily get it on your Fire Stick:
- On your computer, go to Amazon’s website and search for “Discovery Plus” in the App Store section.
- When the Discovery Plus app appears in the results, click on it and you’ll be taken to the app’s page.
- Under “Deliver To,” select the specific Fire Stick device you want to install Discovery Plus on from the dropdown menu.
- Finally, click “Get App”. The Discovery Plus app will automatically begin downloading directly to your Fire Stick.
- In just a few minutes, you’ll have the Discovery Plus app ready to use on your Fire Stick, without even touching the device.
Do I need an Discovery Plus ID to use the app?
While optional, signing in to the Discovery Plus app with your Discovery Plus ID unlocks the full experience. This includes access to any movies, TV shows, or Discovery Plus channels you’ve already purchased through iTunes.
To sign in:
- Open the Discovery Plus app on your FireStick.
- Select Sign In.
- Choose Sign in with Discovery Plus ID.
- Enter your Discovery Plus ID email and password.
- Select Sign In.
Once logged in, you can access all your purchased Discovery Plus content as well as personalized recommendations.
It only takes a few minutes to install and set up the Discovery Plus app on your FireStick. Once loaded, you’ll have access to a huge library of shows, movies, sports, and more!
For this, you can see the list of compatible devices on the official website of Discovery Plus. Otherwise you can search for the app on Fire Stick for more information.
To fix the problem quickly, try restarting the Fire Stick, clearing the app’s cache and data, checking for updates, or contacting Amazon or Discovery Plus customer support.
Yes you can but without an Discovery Plus+ subscription you will be able to access some free trailers and previews. Most content on Discovery Plus will require a subscription or individual purchase.
Yes, you can easily use the Fire Stick remote with the Discovery Plus app.
By the way, the Discovery Plus app updates automatically in the background. If you haven’t set up auto-updates, you can manually check for updates by going to Settings > My Fire TV > Apps > Manage Installed Apps > Discovery Plus > Check for Updates.
Yes, Dolby Atmos is supported on some Fire Stick models and select content on the Discovery Plus.
No, the Discovery Plus app is free but you will need a paid subscription to run some Discovery Plus services.
In such cases, try reinstalling the Discovery Plus app, checking for updates, or rebooting your Firestick.
Discovery Plus streaming can use 1GB or more of data per hour, so keep that in mind with your internet plan.
No, the app should work whenever you want as long as you can sign into your Discovery Plus account.
Yes, you can use your Discovery Plus ID on multiple Fire Sticks. Content limits may apply.
Yes, you can set up parental controls within the Discovery Plus app to restrict content access based on age ratings.